2016 was a rollercoaster. Personally, 2016 was probably my best year yet, though of course it had its downfalls. I like to focus on the good though so just a little review of all the wonderful things that happened in 2016 (mostly so I don’t ever forget)…and I’m not gonna lie, I definitely had to look back on my Instagram to find some of these highlights. I have the memory of a small, old goldfish:
- Worked at a small bed & breakfast in San Francisco for the first time that taught me so much about an industry that I am absolutely passionate about. Met some fascinating people along the way, traveling to San Francisco from all over the world.
- Saw Justin Bieber live twice (I mean…c’mon.)
- Turned 21! What an exciting year. It’s all downhill from here.
- Traveled to freakin’ Honolulu, Hawaii with my two best friends and roomies, Noelle and Jessie, for 5 days. This was my first time traveling somewhere with friends and it was absolutely incredible! The weather was perfect and we celebrated Jessie’s 21st there, as well.
- Celebrated 2 years with my boyfriend, Andrew! Though it feels like it’s been much longer, considering we’ve known each other since the seventh grade. This relationship in itself has been a rollercoaster (more on that later!)
- Traveled to Walt Disney World in Florida with Andrew for the very first time! This was our first ever vacation together and it was amazing but so, SO hot. I don’t know why people retire in Florida, I would be so anxious from the humidity. We spent about a week there and visited every single WDW theme park (thanks for the tickets, dad!)
- Accepted a Manager in Training internship over the summer with the Burlingame Country Club, a prestigious private club in northern California, and learned so much about management, working with people and customer service. Such a great learning experience.
- Worked for SoulCycle for about 2 months which is probably one of my favorite work experiences EVER. SoulCycle is absolutely life-changing and yes, I know it’s expensive but it’s cheaper (and better!) than therapy. The only reason I left was because I accepted a position with Disney, starting Jan. 15 (10 days!!!), otherwise I would probably still be there, finding my soul (is there one?).
- Traveled to Sonoma, Santa Cruz and Solvang for the first time ever! Not the most exciting places in the world but still worth noting.
- Got accepted to the Disney College Program in Anaheim, California! Applied for the Front Desk role in the hotels and told myself I would only accept it if I got that position in Anaheim because I can’t imagine living in Florida right now and got accepted for that exact role.
- GRADUATED from the University of San Francisco with a B.S. in Business Administration and a major in Hospitality Management. I did it in about 3 and a half years. College was fun but this little gal has always wanted to a step or two ahead of the game.
Aaaand that’s pretty much all I got for ya. A LOT happened in 2016 and overall, it was a pretty good year minus all the stuff happening out in the real world. 2017 is bound to top it though because I get the pleasure of working for Disney and so that’s already a win in my book.